We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our growing team. This job could be ideal for a working parent (the current team consists of five working mothers) as we currently operate school hours (not limited to that).
Ideally the candidate would be on-site for 20-25 hours per week, 4-5 days a week. Working from home is possible in some instances.
Pay will range between £9.50 and £11.50 per hour, depending on experience.
To oversee the smooth, effective and efficient running of the day-to-day baking operations of Bloom Bakers. Your mission is to always be looking to improve our bakery processes and customer experience in order for the owners to maximise and focus their time & energy on growing the business.
Ensure all orders are scheduled, prepared and posted out on time
- Bake & decorate biscuits
- Oversee order pipeline
- Delegate daily tasks to other bakers
- Keep on top of orders in the inbox for others to have visibility and easy access
- Be the go-to person for other bakers
- Identify and communicate gaps in knowledge and skills in the team so we can fill those
Help facilitate the smooth operation of the bakery and help improve processes
- Responsible for checking stock levels of ingredients, packaging, etc. and ordering more where needed
- Help research new, and communicate with existing suppliers & partners
- Responsible for implementing cleaning schedule and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the bakery
- Constantly improving our client/customer journey/service
- Delivering the smoothest and most efficient journey at every step from initial online shop enquiry to follow up on online order emails
- Dealing with all online order enquiries and issues that crop up
Ad hoc assistant to the owners
- Ad hoc admin tasks like sending emails, arranging meetings and customer service.
Extensive and broad range of admin experience
Proficient using software and digital platforms
- MS Office suite
- CMS (WordPress)
- Social media platforms i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Confident in using digital scheduling tools such as Quire, Canva,
- Eisenhower (training will be available)
Confident on the phone liaising with customers, suppliers, and partners
- Prior experience talking to people at all levels
- Talking to prospects, clients, suppliers, hosts and wider Bloom Bakers team.
Problem solver, proactive and can do attitude
Ability to think for yourself, make judgement calls, hungry for learning and growing, common sense
Effectively managing deadlines and projects/tasks
Understanding of a small business and how quickly things change
Bloom Bakers Culture
- We deeply care about what we do, our team, customers, suppliers & partners and the environment
- We consistently produce products to the highest standards in both look and taste
- We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service
- We provide lots of opportunities to learn and grow with us
- Children always come first
- Offer as much flexibility as we can to work around family life
- We empower working parents to create a healthy and sustainable work-life balance
- At times the pace can be high, but we try to create a place to refuel and meet other like-minded people
- 1 + 1 = 3: collaboration and mutual support instead of competition
- Open to questions and eager to help
- We are about building great relationships with our employees as well as
- customers, partners and suppliers – We are a human to human business
- We facilitate a working environment where everyone is open to criticism and ideas. As this increases our ability to learn from each other.
- Eco-friendly packaging and ingredients are used where possible
- Always looking to reduce waste, carbon footprint and do things right
- A workplace that expects commitment, but only during working hours.
- Organic scalable growth, no cutting corners
- Communicate – adult to adult, no parent/child relationships or micromanaging. Never forget the “intelligent, passionate, inspired” team you are part of
- Do what you say you are going to do
- Do things to the best of your abilities and communicate areas that need improvement, no whitewashing
- Do what is right, not just what is politically expedient.
What’s in it for You!
- Employee Discounts
- Progression & Career Opportunities
- Option to work flexibly where possible
- Learning & Development
- Access to our free Audible account
- Being part of a tribe that is making a real difference